Women & Children’s Health Fair
The Rotary Club of Belize Sunrise orchestrated a Health Fair to culminate Women’s month as well as Child Stimulation Month. A part from the storytelling section for the children, the following organizations were present and provided much needed information and assistance to those who were in attendance.
- Belize Cancer Society
- Diabetes Association of Belize
- Public Health Nurses of Port Loyola
- Port Loyola Organization for Women
- Dental Association
- Belize National Library Service along with the Port Loyola Library
- Women’s Department
- Public Health (Vector Control Department)
- Ministry of Health (Port Loyola Nurses)
- Mind Health Connect Belize (mental wellness)
- The Pharmacist Association of Belize
- Port Loyola Community Police Unit
- Belize Family Life Association
This event was held on March 30th, 2019 and created a wonderful opportunity for members to meet and interact with the members of the community they serve. It also allowed the community to make good use of several of the facilities the club had added to the school grounds.